To view/download Newsletter click.
|Photo, courtesy Janet Thompson collection|
The Waddell Bridge, officially opened by Hon. Thomas Waddell on 15 May 1901, replaced the first 1874 bridge over the Belubula River at Canowindra. Mrs Allie Finn (wife of Eugene) caused headlines when she crossed in her sulky from this south Canowindra side just before the official opening ceremony on the other side. This photo was taken two days later on 17 May 1901. Remains of the old bridge are visible. The John Grant Bridge replaced the Waddell Bridge in 1997.